Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Now is the time to step up

As most of you should know in June at the zone shoots your Directors are elected.  This year there will be 3 Directors that will NOT be running for that position.  In the NE Dave Wehmeier will not be running, in the SW Adam LePine will not be running and in the SE I will not be running.  So that means we will need new people in the SW, NE and the SE zones to run for director.  The Board hears continually about how things should be done differently.  Well now is the time for you to change things.  Make a difference.  Put some effort into making a difference.  It is your organization.  It is your Homegrounds.

I have heard the complaints about asking for money.  Well.   I'm not asking for money this time.  I am asking for some of your time and knowledge.  New ideas and views are great.  I have heard all the reasons for people not to run.  The one I hear the most is "I don't know how to run a shoot"  You don't need to.  Most of the people on the BOD never had any experience with the ATA or WTA other than shooting.  But they learned.  There are still several very experienced people that will be on the WTA board.  They will help you with any questions you may have.  I'm not moving to my desert island yet.  I will be more that happy to help anyone that wishes to run with anything they need.  I am sure Adam and Dave feel the same.

We don't need a answer right now.  But think about it.  If you have any questions give me a call.  262 470 2708.  If you would like to run let me know and we will have your name printed on the ballots for your zone.

So again.  Please help.  Questions?  Call me.


Don Mittag